Welcome to Menai Bridge
We hope you find our website to be a valuable source of information. We will be keeping you updated with Council Meetings, news and issues, useful links and information. We welcome your feedback!
Next Council Meeting: Ordinary virtual meeting of the Council, 21st October 2021- Agenda
Menai Bridge Fair Arrangements 23 October 2021
Posted on October 2021
Saturday 23rd October 2021 is Menai Bridge Fair Day. This traditional street fair has been enjoyed for generations. Come along to experience the rides, stalls and atmosphere of the fair.
Inevitably, as the fair is a street event, there will be some disruption within the town. The following arrangements have been put in place to minimise disruption and to ensure that everyone can enjoy a safe experience.
A road closure order covering Telford Road, Bridge Street, Wood Street and Water Street will operate from 14:00 on Friday 22nd October until 07:00 on Sunday 24th October. Signposted diversion will be in place.
Temporary bus stops will operate on Mona Road on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd.
Parking will be available at Bulkley and Coed Cyrnol car parks which will be open as usual. Wood street and LLys Menai car parks will be occupied by the fair from 0.00 Friday morning 22nd October to 07.00 Sunday 24th.
Please note that the Waun car park fair site is independently operated.
No Loading / Unloading
No loading / unloading restrictions will be in place on Dale Street, High Street and sections of Cadnant Road for the duration of the Road closure order.
Covid-19 Rules & Guidance
Please DO NOT come to the fair if:
- You develop COVID-19 symptoms, please self-isolate immediately and get a PCR test.
- You or any members of your household or support bubble have been contacted via the NHS Test and Trace app and told to self-isolate. This remains the law regardless of your vaccination status.
To protect the health and safety of you and others:
- Please ensure you comply with the requests of the friendly fair team. They are there for your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Where possible please keep your distance from others when moving around the fair.
- We recommend you please wear a suitable face covering unless medically exempt. As this is a recommendation, we ask that you respect others if they choose to wear or not wear a mask.
- Wash and / or sanitise your hands regularly using the hand sanitiser provided. Please avoid touching your face, handles and railings wherever possible.
- Please observe respiratory etiquette and always cover your mouth with your arm or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
For more information on how to keep Wales safe please visit: https://gov.wales/coronavirus
For further information: Lee Jones, Communications Unit (01248) 752128
Publication of audited accounts for the year ending 31st March 2021